This blog contains poetry written by Stephen Stacey. Feel free to explore and read all the poetry you want. I encourage you to leave comments concerning your reaction to any given poem.

This site and all my poetry is dedicated to my lovely wife Emily.

Monday, February 2, 2009

A Safe Place


I’ve crossed the threshold into a dark room
Where I no longer feel safe.
A looming danger standing imposingly before me
Is my destination.
What nightmares spawn themselves there?

I swiftly run towards it.
To do otherwise would certainly cause my destruction.
Foreboding shapeless threats
Make their first attack on my imagination.
Evil intentions stab at my feet,
But I have arrived
And now my feet are safe.
Darkness tries to crush my chest
But it is now safe.
Tiny potent creepers try to poison my head
But they cannot reach me.

I am safe beneath a securing blanket.
This reckless safety so consoles me
That finally consciousness melts
Into comforting sleep.

No comments: